Raw Crossing Scanlation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Social Media
FB linkt Discord TW link Forumotion Support
Discord

FAQ: What is Raw Crossing Scanlation?

2 posters

Go down

FAQ: What is Raw Crossing Scanlation? Empty FAQ: What is Raw Crossing Scanlation?

Post by Kimeru Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:55 pm

Raw Crossing Scanlation is a group of people who...

FAQ: What is Raw Crossing Scanlation? 1531294975

Last edited by Kimeru on Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kimeru
Kimeru
RXAdmin

https://rawcrossing.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

FAQ: What is Raw Crossing Scanlation? Empty Re: FAQ: What is Raw Crossing Scanlation?

Post by Onigiri22 Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:19 am

who like to PARTAY???
Lol~ Sorry.

We are a group of people who like to translate webcomics, manhwa, manhua, manga, etc. for the viewing pleasure of other people and ourselves. We also like to PARTAY!!!
Onigiri22
Onigiri22
RXAdmin

Back to top Go down

FAQ: What is Raw Crossing Scanlation? Empty Re: FAQ: What is Raw Crossing Scanlation?

Post by Kimeru Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:30 pm

I'm curious about RX's history too, so I dig through the old sites, and this is what I got:
RX is a group of people that mostly translates and edit Korean webcomics so many other people can enjoy them.
That's pretty straight-forward, huh?

And this is what I found in the old RX's tumblr:
Raw Crossing was formed in 2009 by Xantar as rawscans (now defunct) as a small group that set out to translate Doraemon, however ever since the reigns were handed over to DarkHowlerz in 2010, Raw Crossing has had a golden legacy of working on a handful of the best webtoons there is - and that is something we pride ourselves upon, the quality and the speed with which we deliver our releases to the readers.

In 2014, however, due to unforeseen circumstances, RX had to be abandoned but now it’s back after a long hiatus!

And about what's the meaning of "Raw Crossing", our Thai translator (who is a part of the Old RX) said:
Happy wrote:
Dark Howler, who can be called the founder of this group, is the one who can explain this. But since The Queen had disappeared... I may have to explain.

"Raw", as you may all know, means the original manga/manhwa/manhua/webtoon, and "Crossing" means to try to switch from the original language to another language. In our case, basically to English. So we can assume that "Raw Crossing" means: a translation/scanlation team who translate webcomics to English. Lol.

And why did I said I'm curious? Am I not the admin of RX? How could I don't know about RX's history?

This is all I know:
In early 2016, Florian, former RX staff (or is it admin?) tried to reconstruct RX, so he contacted as many old members as he could. He then found some of precious old members, including Dark Howler, Happy, and GZT_A9. They picked Teen Mom as their project with the help of LOL Scanlation. I am a part of LOLs, and since I had too much free time I decided to join RX. Things are going smoothly, but then around September 2016 Florian and Dark Howler went MIA, leaving us with no admins. They then trusted Kimeru for the admin position, despite not doing it officially. After Kimeru took the baton of responsibility, she tried to fix things up... and voila.

I'm not a good story teller but I hope this will explain most things.

Tl; dr: RX is a group of people that mostly translates and edit Korean webcomics so many other people can enjoy them. We are a non-profit group, so if you want a faster release, please apply and help us! FAQ: What is Raw Crossing Scanlation? 3349762701
Kimeru
Kimeru
RXAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onigiri22 Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:26 am

A great description! Thank you~
You are an awesome Queen in the absence of our Dark Queen. You are our Light Queen/White Queen!
Onigiri22
Onigiri22
RXAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimeru Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:34 pm

Oh my, thank you, Esther-nim FAQ: What is Raw Crossing Scanlation? 1448271544
Kimeru
Kimeru
RXAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum